The Diabetes Centre has a range of services to support people in our community with diabetes. Our team is made up of medical and allied health staff including an endocrinologist, nurse practitioner, diabetes educators, a dietitian, psychologist and podiatrist. These staff will work in closely with you and / or your family to help gain the best health possible.
The Diabetes Centre provides services for:
- Type 1 diabetes (a new diagnosis ~ paediatrics ~ ongoing care)
- Type 2 diabetes (a new diagnosis ~ ongoing care for those with complex health care needs ~ for insulin commencement ~ paediatrics)
- Insulin pump users
- Pre-pregnancy planning (Type 1 ~ Type 2 ~ previous diagnosis of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus or Pre-diabetes)
- Pregnancy (Type 1 ~ Type 2 ~ Gestational Diabetes Mellitus)
- Pre-surgery diabetes review
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems
- Pre-Lap-Banding Assessment and Education Clinic
After Hours Help
This is a service for patients on insulin requiring urgent advice or sick day care to prevent a hospital visit. Call the
This service is available on public holidays, weekends and evenings 8.00am - 10.00pm.
After 10.00pm please present to the Department of Emergency Medicine at the